Today is really a cross-training day, but I'm taking a full rest. This weekend went much better, running-wise. I dialed back my running during the week, sensing that I was overdoing it too early. Softball games twice a week doesn't sound like much, but the sprinting on top of training runs was sapping my legs of life. We didn't have any games last week; I skipped the Tuesday run and cut the Wednesday run from 5 to 3 miles. By Saturday my legs were springy again, ready for the slow runs on the schedule. Fortunately the next pace run is not until next weekend. The 5 miles on Saturday were a breeze. Then I was rocking 8:25-8:30 pace for 7 miles on Sunday, gradually slipping to a 9:00 pace by mile 11. But felt solid the entire way. No intestinal incidents. Two weeks of full training behind me, and I've only missed one 3 mile run and cut a mile or two off a few others. So almost at full mileage. Feeling good. Still not sure if a 7:15 pace is achievable, but going to go for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment